Student Success Career & College Readiness
Career Pathways & College Readiness
Increased Access to Career & Readiness
Increase access to career and technical education opportunities, professional certifications, and concurrent enrollment courses.
Garfield Re-2's Three-year SMART Goal is: that Garfield Re-2 will increase the number of students participating in Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs by 25%, double the number of professional certifications students earn, and increase the number of Concurrent Enrollment (CE) credits earned by 50% (baseline 2021-22 data).
Three action teams are currently working on developing plans to increase the numbers of students participating in CTE and Concurrent Enrollment Credits.
To accomplish this goal, Garfield Re-2 will use the following tactics:
- Build awareness of CTE and CE opportunities with MS students
- Build awareness of CTE and CE opportunities with Re-2 families
- Expanding partnerships with regional higher education
- Strengthen connections with local workforce, business, and industry
- Research and expand CTE pathways
- Research and expand professional certifications
- Research and expand Concurrent Enrollment course offerings
- Alignment between post-secondary resources and district resources/personnel