Student Success Student Wellness
Student Success Strategic Priorities
Establish and strengthen systems to meet the mental, social, physical, and emotional needs of all students.
Garfield Re-2 three-year SMART goal:
Garfield Re-2 will enhance our systems of support to positively impact wellness:
1. District schools will implement systems of support to address the mental, social, physical, and emotional needs of Re-2 students and families.
2. Increase the number of students and families who receive support from the Family Resource Center (FRC) by 30%.
Year One, Garfield Re-2 will:
- Collect data and evaluate the current school-based systems of support to identify areas of strength and areas of need
- Establish success criteria for school-based systems of support
- Collect data and evaluate the current usage and impact of the Family Resource Center to identify areas of strength and areas of need.
To accomplish this goal, Garfield Re-2 will use the following tactics:
- Mapping community connections for student and family support
- Increase support to become more aligned to American School Counselor Association recommendations
- Identify core values to inform program selection
- Ensure all schools have consistent programming to meets students needs
- Create regular and consistent communications regarding mental health supports
- Training and professional development for staff on best practices to support students and families with mental, social, emotional, and physical wellness
Family Resource Center
- FRC liaisons to be trained as school social workers
- Consistent adoption of practices and procedure for crisis situations
- Intentional parent education and outreach